tom's deep-fried snackin' wontons
This recipe features Tom’s Deep-Fried Snackin’ Wontons. He uses an electric fryer. We have a relatively small deep fryer and it’s a Cuisinart (of course!). It’s Model CDF100 and currently sells at Home Depot for less than $40.00. I’m going to share with you his cream cheese and M&M’s deep-fried wontons here. But please keep in mind that he makes his “snackin’” wontons a lot of different ways - with Snickers, Butterfingers, Cinnamon & Sugar, and lots of other sweet delicious things - the list goes on! Once they are cooled, he smothers the fried wontons in chocolate sauce and then sprinkles them with powdered sugar. They are so darn delicious!!
Wontons - we use Nasoya Won Ton Wraps - small square wheat flour
Soft (spreadable) cream cheese
Small M&M’s (or sweet filling of your choice)
Chocolate sauce - we use Hershey’s Syrup (for Ice Cream)
Vegetable oil (for deep frying)
1. Add vegetable oil to deep fryer and heat to 375 degrees.
2. Add cream cheese to center of wonton.
3. Add mini M&M's (or sweet filling of your choice) on the cream cheese.
4. Roll wonton with stuffing inside.
5. Gently lower stuffed wontons (2-4 at a time) into the heated oil.
6. Fry till golden brown & crispy, about 3 minutes.
7. Remove wontons from oil, let oil drain out of wontons and cool.
8. Smother cooled wontons with chocolate sauce.
9. Sprinkle chocolate-covered wontons with powdered sugar.
10. Refrigerate for at least one hour before enjoying.
God Bless, Peg
“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” — Vince Lombardi
Leave a Reply.