baba's corn on the cob
Hi! I grew up in Indiana - a place known for its CORN!! In fact I was raised in Valparaiso - where Orville Redenbacher was very famous and has an annual parade originally named after him!! Well, my Mom always boiled her fresh corn on the cob with milk and sugar in the water she boiled the ears in - it’s the only way I’ll prepare and eat corn on the cob!! So here's the way to make your corn on the cob taste the best way possible!!
Dozen ears of fresh corn, husked & washed
1 cup milk
½ cup sugar
Water for boiling
1. Add the water to a pot - enough to cover all ears of corn you are boiling.
2. Add milk and sugar to the water in the pot, and stir.
3. Add ears of corn to water, milk and sugar.
4. Bring it all to a boil.
5. Boil approximately 12 - 15 minutes.
6. Drain the cobs.
7. Add salt and butter to the cobs.
God Bless, Peg
“He that is discontented in one place will seldom be happy in another.” -- Aesop
Leave a Reply.