The exercise I am introducing today works multiple parts of the body at the same time. It addresses my affected side & works my entire arm - shoulder, elbow, wrist & hand. It also addresses my ability to walk by increasing my gait and my ability to turn.
1. Work on a floor that is even, straight and “bump” free. (Be able to move about 50-60 feet each way.)
2. Lift hands onto handles of walker.
3. Again, walk 50-60 feet each way - keeping feet straight. Be sure to keep hand firmly on the walker handle.
4. Turn carefully. Alternate turning left and right during the exercise.
5. Walk each direction at least 5 times.
6. Let hands come off handles of walker slowly to your side.
Be sure to check out my Instagram posts at “poststrokepeg.” God Bless You, Peg
“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible!" - Audrey Hepburn